Monday, March 5, 2012

Technology Integration, Personal Experiences, and Cats!


Well, maybe just a picture of a cartoon cat, but I just found this website that I think will be very beneficial to us as future teachers. It provides hundreds of types of technology we can integrate in the classroom with details on how they can be used and what grade levels it will benefit most. Everything is here--software reviews, games for our students, projects, tutorials, etc. It is also beneficial to the older generation of teachers who must integrate technology into their classroom but first need to learn how to. It provides a purpose to using the technology and step by step directions on how to use it. You cannot go wrong. I wish I found this site to add to interactivity #3, but I am sure I'll be referring back to it later.

The tab that I found most beneficial is the "New Teachers" tab that provides articles and advice for new teachers, diaries of other first year teachers, and many opportunities to virtually experience a classroom.

Check it out and I hope you will also use it in the future.


http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/gadget/gadget035.shtml

1 comment:

  1. Ariel,
    This website is absolutely incredible. No doubt, will I use this website when I am a teacher...saving to bookmarks as I speak. I agree this would have been a wonderful addition to our technology inventory. I really liked the "Math Machine" tab because it provides a vast list tools I could use for educating my students, and provides for many levels of mathematics. This is definitely a website that will allow me to show my future students that math fun and not just another boring subject that they have to dread learning everyday. There are so many students who do not know how to appreciate math class, or school in general for that matter and this website is by far an excellent source for finding ways to make learning fun.

    ReplyDelete